Fall is a great time to make up this Apple Pie Playdough recipe. Playdough is easy to make, fun for kids, and safe if consumed. This recipe uses nutmeg and cinnamon to give the playdough an apple pie smell.
Apple Pie Playdough Ingredients
The ingredients are simple!
– 1 Cup Flour
– 1 Cup Water
– ¼ Cup Salt
– ½ Tbsp oil
– 1 tsp Cream of Tarter
– 1 tsp Nutmeg
– 1 tsp Cinnamon
– Red Food Coloring
Apple Pie Playdough Directions
1. Place all of the dry ingredients in a medium size saucepan, and mix them together.
2. Add the water, oil, and food coloring. Mix well until the mixture is completely red.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes until the playdough begins to form a ball. Once the ball is formed, flatten it, fold it, and continue to flip it for about another minute until all the stickiness is gone.
4. Remove the playdough from the heat and let cool for a few minutes. Knead the playdough and, if still sticky, add a little bit of flour. If cooked long enough extra flour shouldn’t be needed.
5. Have fun playing with your apple pie playdough!! Try using cookie cutters to make fun fall or apple shapes!
To store, place the playdough in an airtight contianer.